A BIG THANK YOU FOR BLEEDING BLUE
Mystics Nation fans – you’ve bled blue for us all season.
From painting Trusts Arena blue for our home games to your support at away matches and at Sunday’s ANZ Premiership Grand Final, you’ve been our eighth player for our season of success.
And for those of you who couldn’t make it to a game, we know you were shouting in support from your couch and we’ve also loved hearing from you on social media.
Thank you for your unwavering support as we had a few ups and downs at the start and then found our way to a history-making win in the ANZ Premiership Grand Final.
Here’s what you helped us achieve in 2021.
2021 team achievements:
- ANZ Premiership winners for the first time in our 14-year history – beating the Mainland Tactix 61-59 in the Grand Final at Auckland’s Spark Arena.
- ANZ Premiership Minor Premiership champions (winners after the round-robin) – the first in the club’s history, with 11 wins and four bonus point losses.
- Barfoot and Thompson Northern Challenge winners – beat the Northern Stars 63-60, 65-57 and 69-61 to take a clean sweep of the series against our cross-city rivals.
- Hobbiton Cup winners for the first time with a 68-63 victory against the Waikato-Bay of Plenty Magic in the decider at Claudelands Arena.
- Best attacking record in the ANZ Premiership – scoring 61.9 goals per match.
2021 player achievements:
- Grace Nweke set a new ANZ Premiership season record of 794 goals in the round-robin matches, averaging 52.9 per match at 89% accuracy. Nweke broke the record of 790 goals shot by Jhaniele Fowler in 2017.
- Nweke shot 85.5% of our goals this season, the highest percentage of any player in ANZ Premiership history.
- Captain Sulu Fitzpatrick was the top rebounder in the round robin with 29.
- Bailey Mes – 100 national league matches
- Kate Burley – 50 national league matches
- Fa’amu Ioane – 50 national league matches
Mystics Nation – we couldn’t have done it without you!
View this post on Instagram